We have a vacancy of Healthcare It System Engineer in our company, Sectra. This vacancy is based in Mississauga Ontario Canada. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Healthcare It System Engineer
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Mississauga Ontario Canada
URL Expiry: 2022-12-08
Posted on: ca.jobsoffices.com
Join a tech company that’s making a difference in healthcareAt Sectra, we take a lot of pride as a market leader in medical IT and secure communications. Our customers operate in some of society’s most critical functions, and we are uniquely positioned to help them optimize patient-centered care. Our modular and scalable enterprise imaging solutions allow healthcare providers to grow from ology to ology, while our encrypted communication systems protect the most sensitive information for customers around the world.
What’s cool about this job?
This is a great opportunity for recent technology graduates to enter the domain of Health Informatics. As a Healthcare IT System Engineer, you will work as part of the Customer Operations department in close collaboration with senior system engineers, project managers and application specialists to install, configure, integrate and support complex medical imaging platforms developed by Sectra for hospitals and imaging clinics across Canada. You will develop a strong understanding of Hospital IT systems, communication and interoperability frameworks and standards that can be leveraged across the entire Health IT domain. You will also gain a deep understanding of how technologies support the patient care journey in the Canadian healthcare system. You will use your critical thinking skills, and sound engineering principles to design, deploy and support critical systems that lead to improve clinical outcomes.
You’ll Have The Opportunity To
- Have fun while doing impactful work!
- Go through hands-on structured training on applications, solutions and services
- Meet with hospital system administrators and end-users (virtually) to learn their day-to-day business and how they work
- Install and configure servers, databases and applications for Sectra’s enterprise imaging solutions
- Configure Cloud-based solutions (on Microsoft Azure) for certain Health IT system
- Integrate Sectra’s products and other healthcare systems such as Artificial Intelligence algorithms using custom APIs as well as standard-based interfaces
- Troubleshoot issues while maintaining communication with customers
- Drive resolution of issues through escalations to the appropriate team members
- Handle patient data in accordance with privacy legislations
- Travel to customer sites in Canada and the US as needed (up to 20% depending on business needs)
- Uphold Sectra’s reputation as “Best in KLAS” for #1 in customer satisfaction
How We Make Your Job Meaningful And Rewarding
As the newest Sectra operation, Sectra Canada has the best of both worlds. We embody the energy of a young startup while enjoying the stability of a well established brand, vast global experience, and a product backed by 40+ years of innovation. The result? An agile, invigorating, highly supportive and fun environment that empowers our team to do their best work and make a difference in people’s lives every day.
In addition to competitive salary and performance-based incentives, we offer a slew of exciting benefits and perks, including:
- Education assistance for team members to continuously enhance their knowledge
- Robust health, dental and vision benefits, effective the month following your start date
- Monthly health spending account
- RRSP matching after 3 months
- Reimbursement of home internet expense
- Minimum 3 weeks of vacation
At Sectra, we hire for attitude and ability – train for skill. This means who you are is more important than your previous experiences. There are a few core abilities that are central for any role. We always look for your willingness and ability to learn and take on new tasks fast, utilize previous experiences and quickly grasp new information. We also want you to have a strong analytical mindset in which we consider it to be important that you can understand and break down and solve problems. We also want you to be a good communicator where you have the ability to interact with colleagues, partners and customers in a effective, clear and constructive way.
In addition to these abilities, we also want you to:
- A degree in computer engineering with strong academic performance, or equivalent
- Have interests besides school/work, such as sports, music, adventure or anything else that makes you stand out from the crowd
- A passion for service excellence, with exceptional customer interaction and communication skills
- Highly organized and deadline-driven, and enjoy a fast-paced work setting
We Consider It a Great Asset If You
- Experience working with IT service desk or customer service
- Experience working with PACS, RIS, DICOM, HL7, IHE and other healthcare interoperability standards
- Experience working with Windows, MS SQL Server, SQL Server AlwaysOn, networks, Active Directory, server clustering, scripting tools, Microsoft Azure and VMware
- Ability to communicate in multiple languages (French would be a definite asset)
- Have interests besides school/work, such as sports, music, horseback riding singing or flying
The goal is for the right candidate to start [as soon as possible or date].
We recruit on an ongoing basis. This means we encourage you to apply or contact us as soon as possible.
Learn more about our recruitment process here .
Equal opportunity employer
Healthcare is a universal priority, and we need people from all backgrounds to help build a healthier and safer society. Our employees are people with different strengths, interests, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people’s lives. We embrace our differences and celebrate our uniqueness, and we respect and value all of our employees’ points of views. Our non-discrimination policy extends beyond recruitment practices to encompass all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits and termination of employment.