We have a vacancy of Senior Data Engineer in our company, Ceridian. This vacancy is based in Calgary Alberta Canada. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Senior Data Engineer
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Calgary Alberta Canada
URL Expiry: 2022-11-27
Posted on: ca.jobsoffices.com
Ceridian is a global leader in Human Capital Management technology. Simply put, we allow our customers to do the most complex things well (HR, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Workforce Management and Talent Management) and do them to scale.
Makes Work Life Better™ is our brand promise, not only to our customers, but to our employees as well. Our flagship platform, Dayforce, helps leaders make smart decisions based on data, strategy and intelligence that create value and maximize productivity.
How do we make work life better?
- By delivering an award-winning product, conceptualized and developed by award-winning leaders, that result in award-winning customer employee experiences
- By hiring highly innovative, diverse talent that fully embraces and embodies our core values in everything they do: Customer Focus, Equity, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Optimism
- By using modern technology, such as voice-activation with Dayforce Assistant and access to your money as soon as you earn it with Dayforce Wallet to stay in rhythm with the evolving demands of our 4 million global users
We understand that no matter where you are, choosing a new employer is always one of life’s most stressful events. We encourage you to check us out at Ceridian.com to learn more about how we are impacting the world of work for our customers, employees and you!
Location: For this role, we are open to remote work and can hire anywhere in the United States or Canada.
About The Opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer passionate about all facets of data analytics and eager to build a data platform to provide datasets to improve business results. Activities include building analytics tools that drive actionable insights; transforming, modelling, processing and extracting value from datasets; utilizing cutting-edge technology to create data tools that lead to innovative products. The ideal candidate has strong technical skills and a desire to keep up to date with advances in big data technologies.
The Dayforce Advanced Analytics team’s vision is to deliver a Data Platform to enable rich access to metrics and predictors in Dayforce. Our goal for the customer user experience is to provide users with the right data, at the right place, at the right time.
What You’ll Get To Do
- Design and implement an efficient and scalable data engineering framework that powers the company’s key data applications such as experimentation and metrics reporting
- Design and drive data architecture for future data storage, processing, and applications
- Design, develop, and maintain critical data pipelines
- Design and implement ETL processes
- Maintaining clean and consistent access to all our data sources
- Apply security patterns to secure data access for application users
- Providing a solid foundation for calculating key business metrics
- Maintaining data infrastructure to keep up with the product roadmap
- Understanding data lineage and governance for a variety of data sources
- Employ a variety of languages and tools to query databases, create scripts, and marry systems together
- Assemble large and complex data sets to meet business requirements
- Enable clients to bring data-driven insights into their business decisions through enterprise reporting dashboards and KPIs
- Provide guidance and feedback to other team members through code reviews, agile meetings, and discussions
- Be a data engineering knowledge expert and technology leader to those inside and outside of the team
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver analytics solutions
- Empower users to bring data to life through self-service models and Business Intelligence Analytics tools
What’s In It For You
- Encouragement to be the best version of yourself at and away from work:
- YOUnity diversity and inclusion programs
- Amazing time away from work programs
- Support for your total well-being through our Live Well, Work Well programs targeting all aspects of your life
- Recognition for your contributions through excellent pay, perks, and rewards
- Giving where you’re living: volunteer days, Ceridian sponsored events, and our very own charity, Ceridian Cares
- Opportunities to fuel your career growth through numerous internal and external programs and events
Skills And Experience We Value
- Experience with Azure cloud technologies for creating data pipelines (Data Factory, Azure Synapse) (or equivalent experience with AWS)
- Extensive experience with Databricks or Apache Spark
- Experience designing and developing solutions using SQL, database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) frameworks
- Experience designing and developing ETL, data modelling, data warehousing, and business intelligence architecture
- Extensive knowledge of programming, scripting or statistical computer languages (e.g. SQL, PowerShell, Python)
- Experience developing data pipelines in Support of Data Scientists
- Experience with Azure build and deployment (or equivalent experience with AWS)
- Proven track record of quickly learning new technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, Engineering or a related technical field
- 5+ years of experience working with data
What Would Make You Really Stand Out
- Knowledge of the following tools and technologies: Power Pivot, Power Query, Visual Studio, SSMS, Azure Machine Learning
- Experience building data visualizations, preferably Power BI
- Knowledge of advanced statistical concepts (regression, distributions, hypothesis test, etc.)
- Experience providing Global solutions that require localization
- Expose endpoint such as a REST or GraphQL API
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter with a @ceridian.com email directly from our organization.